Friday, August 7, 2009

Never thought I'd be on a boat

     In a few hours, I will be heading to the airport to catch a plane to Fort Lauderdale to board a cruise ship.  Many of my friends went on amazing mission trips or worked Christian camps this summer, but I'm spending a mass amount of money to take a cruise.  I'm okay with that, though.  I've never been on a cruise, nor out of the country, so it's an opportunity that I've always missed out on.  Also, I've worked really hard in school and at my job this summer, and a relaxing break is definitely in need.

     Besides the luxury of tanning all day and eating at buffets all day, I'm really excited to spend some  alone time with God.  I know I'll have two other people with me, but I really want to devote a lot of time to God and prayer, and hopefully I'll get some alone time to do that, because I really feel like I need it right now.

     We have wireless internet on the boat, so I will possibly get a chance to write about any exciting adventures.  If not, I will return in five days, hopefully relaxed and spiritually rejuvenated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment