Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer literature

Before my tonsillectomy, I made a trip to Half-Price Books and Borders to acquire some reading material for the recovery period. My book collection is much too large to begin with and I buy a lot of books that I don't end up reading, but I have a plan this summer. I am going to create a reading list and stick with it. My list will include the many books that been accumulating dust on the shelves, yearning for a young lady such as myself to read them. Then, at the end of the summer, I will collect a bunch of my old books and sell them to Half-Price Books.

Books will be read. Money will be made. It's gonna be great.

Here's the reading list (or a draft of it):
1. Through Painted Deserts (or finish it...I have read half)
2. Jesus for President
3. Wuthering Heights
4. The Alchemist
5. Love in the Time of Cholera
6 . The Unlikely Disciple
7. The Choice
8. Water for Elephants
9. Radical
10. The Shack
11. Mere Christianity
12. Traveling Mercies
13. Jesus Wants to Save Christians
14. Good Chuck Palahniuk novels (I'm taking suggestions here because I've heard some of his books aren't as good as other)
15. The Stieg Larsson novels
16. Reason for God
17. Same Kind of Different as Me
18. The Reader

We'll see where it goes from here. I'm open to opinions and suggestions.

EDIT: I forgot a few. Added three more. Also, I won't be able to finish these this summer. Starting July 12, I'm taking an ENG class at UK, so I don't have have much time left for pleasure reading. So this list will be ongoing for quite a while.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are mature enough to read The Shack without actually thinking that God the Father is a black woman :)

    ReplyDelete