Thursday, June 10, 2010

Naminala, Guereo.

I miss Africa. So much. Some days are good and I have enjoyed many things that I missed about America, such as coffee, salad, grass, my bed, Target, etc. Other days I think about Guereo 24/7. It's so difficult being away from our house and family there, the BCM team, all the children (especially Lil Mama, Ada, Hadi & Abi, and Nyaga). I went to World Market yesterday with my mom and searched everywhere in the grocery section for Biskrem or Ananas soda, but had no luck. But every time I saw something that reminded me of Africa, my heart ached. Living in Kentucky when part of my heart is half a world away sucks sometimes.

After I recover from my tonsillectomy, I plan on writing the long summary/what I learned in Africa blog that I've been avoiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment