Monday, May 17, 2010

Yes, you are our glory and our joy!

It is hard to believe that my trip is more than halfway over. The family we are living with has become our Senegalese family and it will be really sad to leave them. My favorite part of the day is after dinner when we sit and drink soda, talk, dance, and sing with the family. Yesterday they said that we were Senegalese now, and my heart melted.

Ive experienced so much these last few days that I have no idea how to sum it up. I am seeing God in so many new ways. Some cool things that happened since my last post:
-I held a newborn at the medical clinic.
-Went to a Senegalese wedding (and took a picture with the bride)
-Went to the elementary school and taught some English
-Had our own church service on the roof
-Learned some Senegalese songs
-Went to the river and had amazing prayer time and relaxation
-I may or may not have gotten married on the beach.
-Had Mambaye record me, Bekah, and Kait singing Come Thou Fount
-talked about Yessu

We have had some amazing, sacred moments here. We have friends here asking many questions about what it means to follow Jesus. Keep praying for us, as well as the people of Guereo.

No comments:

Post a Comment